YORK COUNTY — a York that is 21-year-old woman been faced with theft and medication costs after police say she attempted to buy two iPhones on another customer’s account at a Verizon shop when you look at the York Galleria Mall on Thursday.
Alexis Marie Mathis, of this 300 block of East King Street, is faced with theft by deception, identification theft, access unit fraud, control of the managed substance, control of handful of cannabis, and possessing the instruments of criminal activity, based on Springettsbury Township Police.
Mathis had been arrested Thursday after authorities had been called towards the Verizon shop by a member of staff whom reported a lady tried to get two iPhone XX Maxi phones, respected at $1,160 each, with recognition and bank card the employee thought were fraudulent.
Police reported into the Verizon shop positioned close to the mall’s food court, where in actuality the met a shop worker whom reported:
- A feminine suspect, later on recognized as Mathis, entered the shop at 12:04 p.m. and said she wished to buy two iPhones. The suspect reported she had been told at most useful purchase that there clearly was a fraud alert on her behalf account.
- The worker asked Mathisfor her username and passwords, and Mathis supplied Pennsylvania ID aided by the title Brenda Meline. A photo was had by the ID of Mathis.
- Mathis wanted to show a charge card to confirm russianbrides her ID, and supplied a Visa card with Meline’s title.
- The worker straight away suspected the ID and bank card had been fraudulent, but told Mathis she’d look at the store’s stock to see just what they had, because she had been able to confirm that Brenda Meline had a free account with Verizon.
- The worker came back and told Mathis the shop didn’t have the iPhones she wanted in stock, but suggested her to try a 2nd verizon shop at the shopping mall to check on their stock. Continue reading “York woman accused when trying to get 2 iPhones with fraudulent ID, charge card”